Bulb changing is an easy job and you don’t have to call a Handyman to do it.
Follow our easy steps and you will be able to do it yourself.
- Locate the light fitting switch and turn it off then wait for the bulb to cool down before touching it.
- Remove the old bulb and check if it has a screwing or a pin base.
- Read the wattage printed on the bulb and make sure your replacement doesn’t exceed that wattage or that it is an energy saving one.
- Replace the old bulb with the new one and turn the switch on.
Bulb changing shouldn’t be a fuss and definitely not something to write a page about. If you have never done it or you have an electricity phobia, then you may want to do these simple things:
– call a handyman
– wear good thick sole shoes
– get a good sturdy ladder; do not improvise with wild combinations of books, chairs and tables; if you are tempted to do so, search stupid deaths on the web
– change it while there is daylight so you can turn the fuse off if you need to
-get on the ladder with the new bulb in its box – you will use it to deposit the burnt one safely, rather than holding it in your mouth or worse
– the fuse turned off gives you the chance to tighten any loose bits around the bulb without fear of being electrocuted.
If you need a London Handyman to help you with changing the bulbs in your home or office please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please check our other handyman post :